- 1 recipe "No-Fail" Sugar Cookie Dough
- Brown Chocolate Fondant
- Orange Fondant
Here is the recipe for my "No-Fail" Sugar Cookies. It has been a staple on Cake Central for AGES and is pretty much the go-to recipe for shaped cookies, because it holds its shape really well. This recipe can be easily halved to make a smaller amount.
- 6 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
2 cups unsalted butter
2 cups sugar (white granulated)
2 tsp. vanilla extract or desired flavoring (I like almond myself)
1 tsp. salt
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time to butter mixture. Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours (or see Hint below)
- Roll to desired thickness and cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 350
- degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges. This recipe
- can make up to 5-dozen 3” cookies.
I also made cute little tags for the cookies in Create a Critter. I cut the leaf (the accessory on the Turkey page) at 1 1/2", inked them with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink, punched holes with my Crop a Dile, and threaded them onto ribbon I found in the Michaels dollar bin.
To create this cute and delicious cookies, I cut the cookie dough AND the fondant with my Cricut Cake. How in the heck did I cut the cookie dough in my Cake, you ask? You're in luck! Today is the debut of my Cricut Cake Video Series, and Episode 1 is cutting cookie dough in your Cake. Here's the video!
I hope this video helps you out. If you have any questions, PLEASE email me or leave a comment with a way to contact you. Next Cricut Cake Series video is cutting fondant with your Cricut!
Now, hop on over to Craft Junkie Too and check out all of Design Team 2's awesome projects! I design with some talented ladies :)
Have a fabulous Wednesday!