Friday, November 5, 2010

SweetSassyDiva Design Team: A Thankful Fall Card

I told myself I wasn't going to buy any Cricut Lite cartridges.

I got Cupcake Wrappers when they first came out, because I thought they would be good for my baking business (which they are!).

But then I said I was done. I get all of my cartridges online and I NEVER pay more than $25, so I SWORE I would never pay $39 for a Lite cartridge.

...


Then I saw Celebrate with Flourish.

It's truly a cart you can use all year round, and I LOVE the flourish designs.

So I caved yesterday when I saw my local Wal Mart had one copy left.

It all worked out though, because I needed to make a fall project for this weeks SweetSassyDiva Design Team, and I found a perfect image for my card.




Recipe: 
  • Cricut Lite "Celebrate with Flourish" cartridge
  • DCWV Amber Autumn Stack
  • Recollections Spice Market Pack
  • KI Memories "Fall Icons" Stamp Set
  • Peeled Paint Distress Ink
  • Vintage Photo Distress Ink
  • Brown Braiding Cord

This is a 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 inch card.  I cut the green and patterned mats in 1/4 inch increments and inked around the edges.  I cut the Pilgrim hat (with shadow) at 4" and inked all the cuts with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  Before I applied the hat, I used braiding cord around the card, secured in the back with a glue dot.  I heat embossed the "Thankful" sentiment using black ink and clear embossing powder.



Do you remember that stamp set?  I got it for $3 at Tuesday Morning.  Totally a worthwhile buy!



I adhered the hat to the card with Pop Dots, and voila!  A simple and elegant Thanksgiving card. 

Make sure to stop by SweetSassyDiva and check out all of the design teams projects this week!

Have a FABULOUS Friday everyone! 

2 comments:

Summer said...

That is so cute! I love the background paper!

Jasmine Wilmany said...

That's a neat card. I like how it's very unique. Very create!
★ Jasmine Wilmany

http://www.jasminewilmany.com

◕‿◕

Post a Comment