Saturday, November 13, 2010

SweetSassyDiva Design Team: Smiley Cards Project

Our challenge for this weeks SweetSassyDiva Design Team was to design something using Smiley Cards.  I happen to LOVE this cartridge, so the hardest part for me was deciding what to cut.


I finally decided on the cute little birthday cake.  I figured I could make a sweet birthday card to keep in my stash, and use my favorite new card in the process :)


Excuse the lighting, I couldn't get it quite right for this picture     

I cut both the cake and the actual card base from the Smiley Cards cartridge (love the extra features!)  I re-sized the base in my Gypsy to be approximately 5.5 x 5.5" and cut it from craft colored cardstock.

I couldn't find a patterned paper that I really liked for this card, and my Cuttlebug has been feeling horribly, horribly neglected lately so I took some pink Core'dinations paper and ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Paisley folder.  I sanded the embossed image so the lighter pink color would show through.  I think this is the first time I've used the Paisley folder, and it turned out so stinking cute!

I also cut the cake using the craft colored cardstock, and purple Core'dinations paper that I ran through my Cuttlebug with the D'Vine Swirls folder (a must have folder!) and sanded.  I used my white gel pen to stitch around the card, slapped on some brown stitched ribbon, and voila!


The sentiment is from Pink by Designs "Take the Cake" stamp set.  There are so many wonderful birthday sentiments in this set I had a hard time choosing one!


I'm so sorry for the lack of posts lately, my crafty friends.  I've been working hard on a project for next week's Craft Junkie Too Design Team and I haven't had much time for "just for fun" crafting.  I'll try to have some more posts this week!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment