Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Homemade for the Holidays": Photo Album Word Book

Happy Thursday everyone!  Welcome to the first post for my "Homemade for the Holidays" series.  I am making a lot of my Christmas gifts by hand this year, and I wanted to share them all with you.  Hopefully you will see something that you would like to make yourself :)

My first project is a photo album word book for my friend who has a two year old son.  I thought this would be a perfect "brag book" she could take to work and keep in her office.  I made it interactive and brightly colored so people would want to pick it up and look inside :)

I used the following things to make this word book:


  • Make-The-Cut to weld the book together (I made it before I got my Gypsy girl!)
  • DCWV "Nana's Kids" and "All About Boys" stacks for the patterned paper
  • Cricut Cartridges
    • Create a Critter
    • Tags, Bags, Boxes and More
    • George and Basic Shapes
    • Birthday Cakes
    • Mini Monsters
  • Cinch Binding Machine
  • Walnut Stain Distress Ink
  • Martha Stewart Photo Corner Punch
  • Martha Stewart "Cherish" PATP Set
  • Martha Stewart "Bubble Bath" PATP Set
  • Martha Stewart "Ribbon Loop" PATP Set

Here's the video, I hope you enjoy it!

1 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Kristen. This is so adorable! Great job. I am sure that your friend is going to love it. I know you don't know me yet, but if you email me your address I would love to send you some of my acid free chip board. It is about the same thickness as a cereal box and I get it from my work. It cuts great one the Cricut and it is acid free like I mentioned. If you want you can email me. I have a blog called gobeagirl.blogspot.com you can reach me through there. Have a great Saturday. Hugs, Lisa G

Post a Comment