Friday, April 15, 2011

Party 'Til the Cows Come Home!

Hi everyone, and can I get a TGIF???  I can't WAIT for the weekend!  I have a quick card to share with you today.  My younger sisters birthday is next weekend, and I was asked by my mom to make her a cake (pics to come when I make it), so I decided to make a card to go with it.

I should preface this by saying my sister and I are POLAR opposites.  I'm the girly, crafty, book smart, musically inclined one, and she's the sporty, tomboyish, nothing-fancy type.  One of her life goals is to life on a farm and raise cattle, and I am a CITY GIRL through and through.  So I knew I would need to make her a simple card without a lot of embellishments and "girly" stuff.  My sister raises and sells cattle on my family's 40 acres (which I have never visited, like I said, farmwork is NOT for me), so I made a cow shaped card using my Gypsy for her.


I used the shadow feature on Create a Critter and welded two cow shadows together to form the base of the card.  Then I just assembled the cow like normal on the front.  I love using my Gypsy to make shape cards , she makes things so easy!:)


I used pink Core'dinations Gemstone cardstock for her nose and udders, and ran them through my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder to give her a little something extra (I know my sister likes simple, but I HAD to do something!)


For the inside, I cut the main part of the cows body again in white to give me somewhere to write.  "Party Til the Cows Come Home" is from Pink By Designs "Take the Cake" stamp set.  I punched it out with an EK Success punch and added a little stitching with my white gel pen.  No inking or anything.  Trust me, I was DYING to break out my distress inks but I had to keep reminding myself that this was for my sister, NOT me ;)

I added a little stitching on the front, and that was it!  I hope she likes this card, and the cake I'm making next week.  I've been told I need to make a simple white cake with very simple decorations and no fondant.  Soooo not what I usually do.  The things you do for family ;)

2 comments:

Vicky said...

your card is cute, I love cows they are so cute. You did a find job on stitching I cant get mine to do that straight

Anita said...

I love this card! All the elements you chose were just perfect. I hope your sister loved it too!

Post a Comment