Monday, April 25, 2011

Have a Doggone Good Birthday!

Hello everyone!  I hope you had a FABULOUS Easter weekend.  I had a very busy few days filled with family, friends, and fun, and now I'm EXHAUSTED!  I wanted to share a birthday card with you I made a few weeks ago.

I bought the Four-Legged Friends Cricut Lite cartridge on Black Friday and I've only used it once since I bought it.  I really wanted to break it out and use it again, and the perfect opportunity came when I needed to make a birthday card for my boyfriends mother.  She has a little Yorkie named Molly, and I thought the Yorkie from Four-Legged Friends would be PERFECT on her card!


This is an A2 size card made from craft cardstock.  I matted the card with white glitter cardstock and a green plaid paper from the DCWV Dots, Stripes and Plaids stack.  I used an EK Success border punch and inked around the edges of the plaid mat with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.


I cut the yorkie at 3 3/4" out of Recollections cardstock.  I gave her a little shading with my white gel pen and also gave her dots for her eyes.  The metal flower is from Making Memories and gives her the perfect feminine touch.  The dogs from this cartridge are pretty easy to layer.  The only con is that the cartridge booklet gives them really strange color combinations so it's hard to see what colors go where.  But I think she turned out really cute!

"Have a Doggone good birthday!" is from the Pink By Design Furry Friends stamp set.  I punched it out with an EK Succes punch, matted it with the white glitter paper, and stitched around it and the base of the card.  I finished the card with a really cute ribbon that continues the stitching in pink.

But I didn't stop there!

I really got into decorating the inside of this card as well.  I added a little border strip along the top.  All of the paw prints are from Furry Friends as well.  I love the travelling paw prints!


I continued the paw print theme on the matching envelope and the back of the card.  I love my little personalized stamp from my Martha Stewart stamp kit!

That's it for today!  Have a fabulous week friends!  I have a few more things for you this week, including some things from my newest obsession: my YUDU!!

3 comments:

DTC said...

She loved the card!!!

Linda S said...

What a sweet card!!

Jax said...

So cute! You are so talented.

Post a Comment