Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm BACK! (with a card too!)

Hi everyone!

I just want to apologize for being gone for so long without an explanation.  To make an INCREDIBLY long story short, my life got pretty crazy back in February and is just now getting back to some sense of "normal".  I'm fine, but there was a time where I just did NOT have the time (or energy) to craft or blog.  My poor Cricut was terribly neglected.  I also felt like I was losing a lot of my "crafty mojo", and didn't really have any good ideas.  I was doing a lot of crafting for design teams, challenges, etc but none really for ME.  Last week I finally booted up my Cricut again and everything came rushing back, so of course I had to bring my blog back to life!  I PROMISE to keep blogging as much as I can, hopefully 2-3 projects a week for awhile.  Once I'm able to move and put my craft room back together (another long story) it will be much more then that! :)

Also, I FINALLY HAVE A NEW DIGITAL CAMERA!  No more shots with my iPhone!  That, and I discovered my boyfriend has a super AWESOME professional light box so now I can take MUCH better pictures.

The card I wanted to show you today was one I made MONTHS ago for a Design Team that I never got around to posting, but I absolutely love it so I wanted to make sure I posted it.

We had to create a card based on a movie.  One of my favorite movies is Moulin Rouge, and I love the quote "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return".  I wanted to create a very vintage looking card with red as the main color that focused on this quote.  This is what I came up with:


The patterned paper is from the DCWV Black Currant stack.  Iinked everything with Vintage Photo Distress Ink to give it that aged look.

The quote is computer generated, and I punched it out of cream colored cardstock using an EK Success punch.  I inked the edges, popped it up on Pop Dots, and added two gems using my i-Rock.

In the movie, they call Satine the "Sparkling Diamond", so I knew I wanted a diamond somewhere on my card.  I found this heart shaped "diamond" on the Hannah Montana cartridge and thought it would work perfectly.  I both layers from red Core'Dinations cardstock, then ran the first layer through my Xyron and added red Martha Stewart glitter.  The red flowers are also from my stash with gemstone brads in the center.
The word "Love" is from the Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art cartridge.  I used my i-Rock to add the "..." in bling after the word love.

Here is the rest of the quote on the inside of the card.  I punched this out using the same EK Success punch, then glued it to a piece of red cardstock and cut around to create a shadow.

I LOVE how this card turned out.  It looks vintage and lush, which reminds me of the Moulin Rouge.


I'm so happy to be back!  I want to thank all of my subscribers that emailed me over the last few months making sure I was OK.  I'm sorry if I didn't get back to all of you, but I really appreciated you thinking about me!  I promise I will have more cards and projects to come very soon!  :)

2 comments:

Monica said...

Welcome back! I LOVE your LOVE card! TFS, http://monicalott.blogspot.com/

Bunnyfreak said...

Glad you are back. Sometimes life gets crazy like that; I can definitely relate.

Post a Comment