Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Do you YUDU?

Now I DO!

Yes, I jumped at the chance to buy a Yudu for $99 at Michaels a few weeks ago.  I had heard mixed reviews about it, but when I told my boyfriend I could make him customized t-shirts for his photography business, he went out and got it for the both of us!  Isn't he the best??  Sorry, I'm not sharing him ;)

There she is!  My beautiful baby :)  I did A LOT of research before I tried to burn my first screen.  I read some HORRIBLE reviews of the machine, and the emulsion sheets, but luckily I had very few problems when I used my Yudu for the first time.  My emulsion sheet burned pretty perfectly on the screen.  The only mess up I had is that when it came to rinsing out the burned emulsion sheets, I scrubbed a little too hard and one corner of the design washed off.  Luckily, I fixed it with tape and we were good to go.

Here's the front of my first Yudu shirt!  I used Speedball Opaque white Fabric ink, as I was worried about the Yudu ink on black.  My own regret is that I didn't pull white through the icon first, and then pull yellow over the white.  The color would have been much brighter had I done that.  But besides that, I think it turned out great!

Here's his URL screened on the back of the shirt (shameless plug, LOL).  I didn't get it entirely straight, but he loves it so I'm OK with it.  I also made him another shirt that is white with black ink.  He's also asked me to make him a sweatshirt, and I can't wait to try it!

In a few days I'll have another Yudu post for you.  I wanted to try screening on canvas, and I can't WAIT to show you the results!  I also hope to have a Yudu video tutorial for you guys soon!


Melissa said...

Great job! My Yudu is still in it's box! lol I'm scared to try it out. Can't wait to see what else you make and a tutorial if you do one!

I think the tip about pull white through before the yellow on a dark shirt was a great one!


BunnyFreak said...

What a great way to use the yudu to advertise a business. Your boyfriend was very wise to get this for you.

Patty said...

You did a great job on the shirt! I don't have one of these but may have to find a reason to get one! LOL!

...through my eyes said...

Wow, good job! That was sweet of your hubby. The shirt turned out great. I am a follower of your blog, would love if you would follow me back

Post a Comment