Sunday, December 12, 2010

SweetSassyDiva Design Team: Perpetual Desktop Calendar

Hey everyone!  This week on the SweetSassyDiva Design Team our challenge was to make something using our Cinch, BIA or Your Story Photo.  I own a Cinch and LOVE it so I wanted to create something out of the ordinary.  A few months ago I saw a picture of a perpetual desktop calendar someone had made using a Bind-It-All, but with no instructions.  So, I decided to make up my own instructions and give it a go!
Recipe:
  • 4 pieces of lightweight chipboard
  • 5 pieces of coordinating cardstock
  • Cinch Binding Machine
  • Black 3/4" o-wires
  • Recollections "Flourish Month" Stamp Set
  • Inkadinkadoo "Months and Days" Stamp Set
  • Inkadinkadoo "Sketchy Flourishes" Stamp Set
  • Versamark Pad
  • Clear Embossing Powder

    To create the base, I cut a piece of chipboard at 8x12".  I scored it at 4 1/2" and 7 1/2" and covered the inside AND outside with black and white paper from the Black Currant Stack from DCWV.  I then took my Cinch and punched holes on both of the 8" side using the machine instructions.

    To create the small pieces, I cut 9 strips of 4 x8" chipboard and punched them on one of their 8" sides, pulling pegs 4, 8 and 12.  I then cut them into 2 x 4" strips.  I did the same with the paper and adhered the cut strips to the cardstock strips.
    I organized the strips in to corresponding piles and stamped them.  I bound the whole thing with my Cinch and VOILA!  A calendar I can use year after year.

    These would make great gifts for someone in your office or family, and they are so easy to make!  Here's a video walking you through it:


    Have a great week everyone!

    1 comments:

    The Archiving Angel said...

    This is absolutely fantastic!
    Thanks for the video.
    Great job.
    I have been catching up on your blog and am really enjoying all the beautiful things in your crafty kitchen.
    Take care,
    Sonia

    Post a Comment