Saturday, December 18, 2010

Happy Howlidays!

I needed to make a card to go along with a package I was sending to my friend Monica in Texas.  She's the owner of the fabulous Monica Wants It and Damask Diva Designs on Etsy.  Monica has a fabulous dog named Pee Wee and I wanted to make a holiday card with him on the front.

I got the dog from Four Legged Friends.  Pee Wee is NOT a Chihuahua, but he was the closest I could find.  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this cart??  There are two dogs on there that look JUST like my two dogs and I can't wait to use them.  Even though Pee Wee is a boy, he is still stylish so I blinged up his collar with my iRock and used silver Stickles on the heart he's holding.

The Santa Hat is from Jolly Holidays.  It actually comes with two different stripe layers, but I hid those in my Gypsy so I could just get the basic Santa Hat shape.  I used clear Stickles on the white parts of the hat to give it a little sparkle.

The stack of presents is from the Winter Frolic cartridge.  Have a mentioned what a PAIN they were to piece together?  I had to stare at that handbook for AGES to figure out which ones to cut which colors, and THEN how to layer them.  They turned out super cute though!

I cut the card at 5.5" using George and Basic Shapes.  I welded two together to form the base of the card and then cut two mats for the front.  Both are from the DCWV Christmas Combo Stack.

I could NOT find a sentiment to use for this card, so I made my own on my computer.  I can't believe no one has a "Happy Howl-idays" sentiment stamp!  I would definitely buy that one!  I used my brand new Nestabilities in my Cuttlebug to make the scalloped mats for the sentiment.


Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!  I'll be doing a LOT of crafting today and next week to get all of my Christmas presents done, so expect a lot of projects! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so CUTE!!! -Sam :-)

Summer said...

That is so cute, love that you really used a mix of carts to make this card.

Vicky said...

Aww your card is super cute, your blog layout is adorable. I have left you a blog award on my blog http://luvmygypsy.blogspot.com/

Monica Benavidez said...

Pee Wee saw this card and said, "Wow, I am ridiculous good looking."

If you know what movie that is from, I'll love ya even more. <3 Can't wait to get the card- it's gonna get framed!

Post a Comment