Monday, August 30, 2010

Thank You Cards with Create a Critter

I needed to make some thank you cards for a few special friends that have been a huge help in my life lately, so I decided to make some simple ones using Create-A-Critter.  Everywhere I go, people rave that Create-A-Critter is their favorite cartridge, and I can see why!



I don't wanna toot my own horn here, but...

oh who am I kidding?

Is that brown and purple terrier card not the CUTEST??!!??!!  I want to make about 75 more of that card and give it to everyone I know.  Sorry poodle card, I love you too...

Here's what I used to make these cards:
  • Create a Critter Cartridge (Terrier and Poodle)
  • DCWV Naturals Cardstock Stack (Terrier card base)
  • DCWV Basic Cardstock Stack (Poodle card base and mat)
  • Core'dinations Gemstone Stack (Terrier mat, Poodle hair)
  • Core'dinations Foundations (Terrier)
  • EK Success scallop border punch
  • Cuttlebug Folders (I used Spots and Dots and Swiss Dots)
  • Sentiments from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings
  • Ribbon from JoAnns dollar bin
  • Glue Dots pop up dots
The dogs are both cut at 3 3/4" and are both on A2 sized cards.

See that Yorkie's fancy little collar? I blinged that out using my new, had-to-have-it hotfix tool:
Note that it is NOT an iRock.  I wanted one (mostly because it would match my super sweet pink ATG there on the right), but I was hearing stories about how it would only work once, wasn't heating correctly, etc. etc.  I saw this $10.99 Jolee's one at JoAnns and snagged it.  I've only used it once, but it worked perfectly for me!  Maybe one day I'll give the infamous iRock a chance.  My Jolee tool can't last forever.  I DO love bling ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment