Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"The Best Things In Life Are Free..."

New Years Day was pretty snowy and icy in my neck of the wood, so I decided that would be a perfect day to mess around in my craft room.  This is the result of my efforts :)


I've been a member of Pink By Designs Stamp Of The Month Club since it's inception almost two years ago.  I love Sarah's sentiments and stamp designs, but recently I've realized I have a LOT of the SOTM sets that I've never even touched!  Her Black Friday stamp set was one of them.  I loved the cute girl covered by a stack of presents.  I know I've felt like that girl on many an occasion :).  The stamp set is meant to be geared more towards (obviously) Black Friday and holiday shopping, but I thought I'd try to use them for a winter birthday card.


I've been trying to get better at my coloring skills with my Tim Holtz Distress Markers, so instead of paper piecing her I tried to color her.  She turned out OK, not perfect, but I'm slowly getting better!


  The purse paper is double sided, I couldn't tell you who made it, I just know I got it on clearance at Michaels over a year ago.  As you can see I'm trying to get through what I have!  I used my EK Sucess Journal Plate & Bracket Punch for my sentiment, it fit perfectly!



I actually really like how this card came out!  I still need work improving my coloring with Distress Markers, but I still think it looks cute.  I saw that Sarah at Pink Cricut was having a link party today, and thought this would be a perfect card to submit.  Thanks for releasing such cute stamp sets Sarah!  I love playing around with them :)


By the way, did I ever show you the really cute personalized stamps I had made for the back of my cards?  It's been awhile, so my memory is a little foggy.  I ordered two of them off eBay, aren't they cute?



I hope everyone is having a great day!  If you had to go back to work today after a long holiday off like me, I know it's rough this morning.  Just hang in there!


3 comments:

L.B. said...

A fantastic card using a super fun stamp set.

Lori Martin said...

Very cute! I think your coloring looks fine!

michelle said...

Great Blog Kristin, glad you are back. ** a new follower. mcwcreations.blogspot.ca
Michelle

Post a Comment